Parabola
(.224 member)
18/05/21 05:48 AM
Re: 250 grain Swift .375” round nose in 9.5x57 MS

Thanks for the input, gentlemen.

As the 250 grain Swift A frame are practically the same length as the 270 grain Kynoch round nose I am hopeful that they will feed crimped into the existing crimping groove. I will make up a dummy and trying feeding from the magazine first.

The 1910 is indeed a “fussy feeder”. The tolerances between the spindle and the action body are so precise that I have found in mine that some reloads which will chamber quite happily if single loaded will not enter the magazine at all, and that because of shoulder diameter rather than bullet seating.

I have had good results with 235 grain Speer and 220 grain Hornady soft points, but both need to be set well forward to feed from the magazine. On the 220 grains I have tried turning in an extra cannelure nearer the bullet base.

I have recently acquired a Lee Factory Crimp die in .375 Win. which I think will work with the 9.5 once I contrive the right thickness of washer to bear between the base of the die and the top of the shell holder.

I think that the 300 grain bullets will limit velocities in the cartridge, as well as increasing what can already be a fairly brisk recoil.

The Lyman 265 grain cast gas check shoots well in my 1910 and is a good choice for range work .

Keep Well Everyone

Parabola

Contact Us NitroExpress.com