skeet2atlow8
(.224 member)
05/05/21 11:02 AM
Re: Model 1924 Sequoia

Thanks all, and yes, the stock figure looks wonderful up close. I’m always surprised, however, by the almost casual checkering found on interwar MS’s. Not much attention to parallel lines, or under/overruns; but it is functional. I’ve not had it apart so no proofs seen, yet. I did open the butt trap, and an additional bonus was a full cleaning rod set found inside.

For now, I’m going to leave it as-is, no scope. I don’t want to mill markings off to use a snapper mount that I have on a sporterized Breda, and I don’t want Pachmayr or Williams mounts as they don’t fit the era/look. But, if I can find a G&H base with 7/8” rings, then a Lyman Alaskan may find a new home. If not, or until, whatever the case may be, it will stay as is.

Does anybody know what bullet weight they were sighted with? Given the closest leaf is 200, the difference between 150 and 180 gr won’t be of significance at 100 or 150 yards. That works for me as the longest shots I can get on deer where I hunt is 150 across a field, and for bear, much closer than that! Middle-aged eyes aren’t that great for open leaf sights then again, if a Lyman cocking piece aperture is ever found, that may be an option.

It’s going to be an adventure.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com