NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
11/04/21 07:21 PM
Re: MS 8x60S spectacular kills!

Well done Vintage Canvas.

Taking an old girl for a walk and a shot.

I like seeing the photos of your hunting area. Is this in the Western Cape? If you don't mind, what region/area in South Africa?

When I have visited South Africa I imagined living there. That was actually the plan some 35 years ago. Instead ended up in the UK. Did travel to Easern and Southern Africa though. And who wouldn't want to live and work somewhere where a person could go for a walk and shoot some wild pork or venison.

Of course SAf hunters often make an annual sojourn to shoot some biltong for the year, but I have always liked the idea of "living" s hunting life, go for a hunt on a weekend for the odd game animal. Live the life, rather than just go for a hunt.

I have always wondered how common that is in South Africa, with game outfitting safari industry so prevalent?

Once thought about locating in the Cape wine areas? Any hunting there at all? If one lived at Tulbagh or Frankshoek or Somerset near Stellenbosch is there any local hunting in these closer settled regions? And if so, what sort of game?

Some photos of lovely countryside, thanks for sharing

Contact Us NitroExpress.com