Rule303
(.416 member)
15/11/20 12:53 PM
Re: Mannlicher Schönauer caliber 9,3x64

Quote:

Quote:

Grandveneur, you certainly have a rare bird there!
I bet you can't wait to get it into the field & try her out.
Will you be handloading or just using factory ammunition?

Dotchicco did a great article on the 9.3x64mm, give him a bell if you decide to reload.
http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat....true#Post340120

PatagonHunter, you have lucky mate as well indeed, many thanks for posting those photos!
Kind regards

It is an original model from Steyr, no doubt about it. It is a rarity , although in the meantime we are at least two who have one. We have also had contact with each other. The number 64 is even engraved on the magazine follower and there are no cartridge feeding problems either.

The question remains when and how many were produced.

As far as the cartridge 9,3x64 Brenneke is concerned , I have used this cartridge for almost 20 years and shot many game with it. Normally I reload my cartridges , but in this case because of the accurate shooting in my rifle from back then I only used the factory load with 19g TUG bullets from RWS. In Europe we have to use lead-free bullets more and more often , so that I have nowadays to use or load something in this direction for my MS rifle caliber 9,3x64. In Africa for plain game I will not have this problem.

Sir, does your MS in 9.3X64 have a ported barrel as in the photo's or was that an addition done by a previous owner?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com