DarylS
(.700 member)
28/07/19 03:31 AM
Re: M1910 Finally here (and some questions)!

When making brass up, one should neck them straight, THEN neck down to hold the bullet, placing the shoulder at the appropriate location. This will produce a case that is as close as any factory loaded round for this calibre.
As noted before, the 9.5x57's case dimensions, with the .468' base and .455" shoulder, virtually match the Ackley Improved 57mm case.
This is likely beyond a non-loader to comprehend.

Here is the case making sequence, but in this instance, I am using .30/06 brass, which is 63/4mm long, not 57mm. It is the same process.
The second case, is a .30/06 (or .35 Whelen) case necked straight. The third case is straight case necked to position the shoulder in the correct location. The 4th case is the necked case fireformed. The last two cases are freshly loaded ammo with 270gr. Barnes TSX and 300gr.Hornady Interbond bullets.

I used the same process for making brass for my 9.3x57, although I used 8x57 brass. Note the 9.3x57 has a small shoulder diameter of around .440".

This came up on a google search. Interesting as it is a post by me, many years ago on another forum about loading the 9.3x57.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=76602

Contact Us NitroExpress.com