lancaster
(.470 member)
23/07/19 02:08 PM
Re: Vergueiro sporter project

some ammo is more available than other, 7,62x54R floating around like 7,62x51 nato since the days of the cold war. 8x57 is one of the easier to get cartridges I suspect, also today.
sometimes guns are only held because they are a status symbol no matter what kind of gun it was like on this well known picture from somalia with a sturmgewehr 44. the beretta subgun behind in 9mm was probably feed well with ammo than.

remember when this pic came to surface, a german Mpi 38 in the lybian war. owner dont had a magazine but still hold the gun because magazine or not you are only a real man with a gun.

some italian 6,5x52 carcano was and is probably available in the old lybian colony

but I dont know where this guy get 8x50R ammo for his old berthier carabine that must have been a left over from the algerian war.

I suspect that all this old war horses were trade all over north africa for decades by camel caravan and the people who got them with a hand full ammo never thought how to get more ammo.
I suspect also that there are some clever reloader around loading the old brass again for the market dont asking for service pressure.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com