NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
16/07/19 03:28 AM
Re: Africa Queen - 1936 High Velocity model in 9,3x62

Quote:

Africa Queen

Magnifique Louis

Quote:

Buying this rifle had been easy, then trouble started. The third-party intermediary that I had commissioned in SA for exporting the rifle and that I had paid upfront discovered first that as this rifle had never been registered by the SA Central Firearms Registry, it had no legal existence in SA and could therefore not be exported to France; that’s at least what I was told. All numerous amicable options that were subsequently tested for getting the rifle out of country failed and the situation never progressed until June 2017 when I hired a SA lawyer for resolving the issue with my local third-party intermediary; the situation was then miraculously unlocked by threat of legal action, all export clearances were granted and, in February 2018 the rifle was delivered to me in France, two years and half after having been bought!

Well done. Sometimes it takes so long with unexpected complications. But in your case a crook in between.

Quote:

The long awaited Mannlicher Schoenauer then went for rejuvenation to the rifle maker the world envies to the French and who I will not name owing to his well-known modesty.

Is this modest best in France gunmaker well known here on NE?

Good luck with your new rifle. Hope it serves you well.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com