Rothhammer1
(.400 member)
24/08/18 06:40 PM
Re: Factory threaded barrel?

Quote:

Time has come to rejuvenate Grand Dad's M. 1910!

Blasphemer!

Surely you're joking, but...

The only 'modernization' ever done (crime committed) to Grand Dad's M1910 was when some fool (myself) decided, decades ago, that quick release sling swivels would be an improvement. Yes, I not only removed the screws (I should have them and the swivels somewhere), but drilled the part where the swivels 'swivel' oversize to accept the 'Uncle Mike's QDs and have since regretted having done so. It was that or bugger the threads to the stock. They could be tapped and reassembled with slightly oversized screws but should have been left all original.

The problem with adding an (ugh!) buttpad to an original 'prewar' MS would be not only damaging its originality, but in losing the ever - so - cool trapdoor buttplate and cleaning rod storage.

Granted, if I had an MS with a previously buggered stock I might appreciate the shock reduction to the shoulder that a pad would provide, but then again - I kind of like it when they bark back. My only handgun is a .44 Ruger Vaquero and I always feed it magnums.

To each their own, of course, but that's just my

Contact Us NitroExpress.com