Rothhammer1
(.400 member)
19/07/18 04:21 PM
Re: Mannlicher article - American Rifleman November 1959

Quote:

Rothammer and Waidmannsheil, many thanks for posting that article by my late friend Lud Olson! I don't intend to hijack your thread, but I think it's best to have the two articles by the same man on the same subjekt available at one place.

'Hijacked'? - quite the contrary!

I feel that your contribution to this thread is a compliment and enhancement to it. I also appreciate the anecdote regarding the deer stand, MS, and your friendship with Mr. Olson. Future readers will likely appreciate it as well.

Some time about 1998 (IIRC), I read a short article in 'Rifle' magazine about Mannlicher Schoenauers by Sam Fadala. I wrote a letter to the editor (the first time I was 'published', I believe) and included a letter to Mr. Fadala which I asked them to forward.

I was living in Northern Arizona at the time and was reloading for and shooting Grand- Dad's M1910 Takedown. In the letter I had told Mr. Fadala of this and of the jackrabbits that were in great abundance. He replied that he had many fond memories of hunting 'jacks' in Arizona during his college days. I invited him to bring his MS and to stop by if he found himself traveling through AZ. He replied that he'd love to, but we never coordinated it.

I have that magazine and his letters around here somewhere. Couldn't find the article online, but I did find this:
Rifle Magazine
(click and scroll down for 9X56 MS article)

Contact Us NitroExpress.com