Hook
(.224 member)
29/03/18 10:09 AM
Verification wanted

I've had my M-S a couple of months now and have thoroughly enjoyed educating myself about it, it's caliber, and the Hensoldt scope that came on it. You fellows were very helpful about that scope and scope mounting system (http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=313483&an=0&page=0#Post313483) and I now have the rifle shooting very well indeed. Considering my eyes and the thick post reticle, I'm tickled to death about the consistent 1.5 +/- MOA with practically everything I have shot in it. That includes 140 and 160 gr reloads and some older (wood grain box) Norma 156 and 139 gr factory ammo.

However, I would really appreciate y'all's input on what I believe is the year of manufacture. Most pre WWII M-S rifles have a xxxxx.xx format stamped under the wood where the last two digits after the decimal is the year of manufacture. My rifle doesn't have that. But, there is a '39' stamped on both the bbl and action:

I think these are the proof marks:

And, here are the bridge stampings:

If the 39 is the year of manufacture, then it was built after the German annexation. However, it is not marked as 'Made In Germany'. The 'Kal 6.5 Norm' sounds correct for that period.

So, was it made in 1939? Would love to hear your feedback and opinions.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com