Rothhammer1
(.400 member)
28/12/17 05:02 PM
Re: Aussie Copper for M1910

Kuduae: " short, pointed bullets that are too short to be engaged by the guide flange, the front ends of the cartridges in the magazine will drop away from the carrier spindle and jam. This is your "third round problem"! "

Reply: That is what I had noticed (regarding the M1910). Loading the magazine out of the rifle revealed where the bullets were falling into the void and jamming in the rotor housing.

Kuduae: "Loaded cartridges for the M1910 should at least have a Diameter of about 7.5 =.30" at 70 mm = 2.75" from the base for proper function in the magazine. Other bullets with very slim, pointed noses will be hopeless, as they may be too slim 8 mm behind the point to be held properly to the spindle."

Reply: This is precisely the sort of specific information that has great value here. I had already marked an original DWM 531 projectile at various points to compare measurements to available projectiles, then found the Eley drawing.

My first contact with Aussie Copper was to inquire as to their bullet's dimensions. Never did get their reply on that... would have saved me the return shipping.

Again, Herr Eichendorff, thank you for sharing valued experience.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com