Rothhammer1
(.400 member)
27/12/17 04:14 PM
Re: Aussie Copper for M1910

Beats me.

To be honest, I haven't fired the ol' girl since I moved from Northern Arizona a decade ago. A fine open sandbox that was, where one could just go out shooting on a whim. Such is not the case where I now live and I haven't loaded any MS for years.

At that time I didn't have access to a chrono or anything fancy, but I usually hit what I was looking at. Through the iron or the Gerard 'B' scope, especially when 'bench rested' on a 1970 Cadillac or Willys Jeep. Gong targets and aluminum cans feared me.

I've been gathering supplies for an eventual bout of handloading. Then I'll dig out and dust off the ol' bench. I'd like to get after some of the wild boar that we have in abundance hereabouts, thus the quest for non lead.

Previously I had sought to duplicate DWM 531 as closely as possible. Now with different projectiles in the mix, I suppose I'll have to find a good buddy with a bench rest and chrono set up to spec out loads... unless I can schmooze the info out of those more experienced here on NitroExpressForums.

Seriously, anything Kuduae recommends is A.O.K. with me. The man uses an M1910 on the job!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com