Rothhammer1
(.400 member)
27/12/17 03:23 PM
Re: Aussie Copper for M1910

Quote:

they are no option to Rothammer's problem as they contain a lead core. This thread is about a leadfree bullet suitable for the 9.5x57 M-S.

True, it was primarily an 'unleaded' thread, but I welcome all M1910 information and data from trusted sources. The information shared is appreciated, and as we know the Schoenauer magazine is particular as to what it's fed.

Does the Speer 235 need to be set out to maximum overall length as you had with the Barnes TSX? The loads I sent back to their maker with the low, narrow (8X57) shoulders had bullets of that or similar profile and they did not feed. The first round loaded would get 'jacked' as a third went in. Two in, then stuck.

On the subject of 'leaded' rounds, I just received two boxes of 9.5X57 from Reeds Ammunition Specialties (Oklahoma, U.S.). Looks great. They're made from new brass which he gets straight walled from Norma, then forms. It is headstamped Norma 9.3X57 and he stuffs with (now very hard to find) Hornady 270 gr. RNSP.

Left to Right; Reeds 9.5X57 - My (1990s) handload from unfired .35 Whelen (with Hornady 3715) - 1926 Coded DWM 531 - Fired .35 Whelen,

I loaded the M1910 with five of the Reeds cartridges, cycled flawlessly as had my old Whelen based handloads. Those Hornady 3715s are great for the leaded diet.

Click link below for Reeds;
Reeds Ammunition Specialties

Contact Us NitroExpress.com