Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
29/05/17 06:26 AM
Re: "New" Mannlicher Schoenauers

Xausa, they do sell whole assemblies as well, such as the bolt and the magazine so I am guessing they sell whole actions as well at a price which would obviously be less than the sum of the individual parts. They are also slightly modernised in some areas compared to an original and you have the choice of a Single Set Trigger.
As you say, one could use a good original however here in Australia finding one in 9.3x62 or even 30-06 to convert to 9.3 is not that easy and if you find one than they are usually very expensive.
Model 1924/25 are almost never seen and the later Model 1952 all have the bent handles, which I am not that fond of.
The new model comes without the stripper clip guides and therefore the low bolt handle as well as a straight handle and the action bridge is machined ready for scope bases.

Anyway I was just interested as they look quite nicely made and haves some custom features out of the box. It would be interesting to know what price they are selling for as a complete action.

They do make complete rifles which look very nice.

Waidmannsheil.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com