Louis
(.375 member)
24/10/16 02:59 AM
Re: Made in Germany

Dear All

I would like to share with you photos of my recently acquired Mannlicher Schoenauer M.1924, which was imported from Austria. The rifle is in caliber 7x64 and is fitted with a Bohler Antinit barrel, a stock with an adjustable cheek piece, and a Swarowski Habicht Nova 6x42 rifle scope.

This rifle is a ‘Made in Germany’ model, bearing at the same time the ‘NPv’ Vienna Proof House 1928 marks (the rifle may have been produced in 1928 and subsequently remained in factory as stock) and the 1939 (‘.39’) mark. The inner face of the barrel also bears a marking consisting in an overlapping E and V (according to online information, this is the Vienna proof mark for multi-barrelled rifles since 1891), which I never saw on any of the pre-1924 rifles I handled previously.

The left side of the action bears the marking ‘Waffenfabrik Steyr’, the post-Anschluss version of the ‘Steyr Werke A.G.’ that prevailed from 1927 to 1938.

The stock has an adjustable cheek piece and the butt is the standard steel plate with trap one.

The rifle is fitted with a Swarowski Habicht Nova 6x42 mounted with German claw-mounts.

This rifle is in really mint condition ; I now need to test it on the range before taking it out for hunting.

Best regards.

Louis

Contact Us NitroExpress.com