GPJ12345
(.300 member)
13/07/16 03:16 AM
Re: .458 Mannlicher Schoenauer

Lonewolf
Yes , you are quite correct. Being too expensive to manufacture is definitely the major factor. for myself, is unable to scope the .458 Mannlicher Schoenauer, that is why I took the ghost ring design route. Since the .458 MS is a dangerous game rifle I do not need a scope. I will even be able to hunt /walk and stalk with this rifle now and use the ghost ring`s different aperture sight to do target shooting as well.

Xausa, it is good news...I hope you will be able to do it the way you want it to be done. I have ordered brass solid /cutting edge bullets from a company called Impala Bullets in South Africa. The owner is Kobus Du Plessis , his service is from excellent to great...his bullet price is excellent as well and the quality extremely good. This bullet is from brass, it acts like a solid but have a cutting edge that punch a round hole through the game you shoot , it really is good bullets to use on warthog , impala and very much every thing that walks the good earth...I will b re-loading these bullets to shoot from the .458 MS shortly.

This will give me a good idea of how far and accurate I will be able to hunt with the MS.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com