lonewulf
(.300 member)
02/04/16 11:24 PM
Re: Reloading MSch 6.5x54 Recipes???

I'll tell you a funny little story.

I picked up my 1903 about 25 years ago at an auction. I immediately purchased the necessary reloading components (including some 160 grain Hornady round-nosed projectiles) and proceeded to load up a batch with the bullets seated out to the cannelure (I mean, why wouldn't you?). Sadly, the bloody things all but refused to feed from the mag. I was really strapped for cash in those days and assuming I'd picked up a lemon I stashed the thing in the back of the cupboard and there it stayed (just being cleaned and admired) for the next 20 years. At one point I had a smith polish-up the feed ramp but it still seemed dreadful so back into the cupboard it went.

Then by chance one day I read a comment online where this guy mentioned the critical COL on MS rifles. I assumed he was overstating the case somewhat but I loaded up a dummy round anyway just to satisfy myself that nothing could be that easy and moved the COL out to 3 inches. The bloody thing chambered the round like greased butter. I was just staggered. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. In the end I think I did a bit of both.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com