GPJ12345
(.300 member)
03/11/14 02:54 AM
Re: .458 Mannlicher Schoenauer

Some feedback on the .458 Mannlicher Schonauer, I did contact great former PH /Hunters, Richard Harland and Terry Irwin whom both had the same rifle. They bought these specific calibers since they experienced the flawless feeding and fast shooting when in a tight spot while culling elephants ....both of them shot an awful lot of elephants and buffaloes in their time when they were rangers in their respective countries in Rhodesia (Richard) Tanzania(Terry).

According to these two fine gentlemen the .458 Mannlicher Schonauer`s rotary magazine did the trick for them...there is no way that in such a confusion when doing culling of a whole family group of elephants spilling of rounds can take place with the rotary magazine of this rifle. It seems it happened with the bolt actions...

It looks like some of the photos did not open, I am uploading a few more of this rifle. I decided not to sell this rifle after I did some reading and searching regarding this rifle...If I sell it I will never get hold of the same caliber ever...according to a knowledgeable member regarding Mannlicher Schonauer rifles this rifle constitute as being "rare" and a few as one hundred were build...

I am keeping it and will shoot it ...my son will take this rifle when I am not be able to use it ...we are only guardians of these old classic rifles, we never really own them...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com