FrankS
(.300 member)
11/10/14 07:17 PM
Re: little Carcano sporter project

Have heard that the feed ramp must be extended so you can get the shorter 7.62x39 cartridges to feed from the Italian clips. How exactly would you go about that I have no idea. However if only for short range shooting I would make up a steel grooved loading block and pin it in place.Was looking at a carcano action in my stash the other day and it should not be had to construct one. Then just cut off the trigger guard like the krag and fill in the space occupied by the magazine assembly with some matching walnut and install a bushing for the front guard screw after it has been epoxied in place. Or you could use a section of one of the ten round single stack magazines from the WASR series of rifles built like an ak but only takes a ten round magazine. There was one such rifle posted I believe on the castboolits@gunboards forum. Some machining required. Hope this helps. By the way the ten shot mags were stamped Romania if that is any help. Picked two of them out of the $5 box at cabelas.Frank

Contact Us NitroExpress.com