Sarg
(.400 member)
24/12/13 09:49 PM
Re: Forming cases for 6.5x53R

Quote:

not to stir things up, but it seems to me that all the makers did not discard the origional military barrel when building up their sporters. I was wondering if this was done with an eye towards ecomony or maybe they felt that the military barrel shot well enough for their purposes. here in the States a custom rifle usually means a new barrel at the very least. I don't know how many barrels you see on gunbroker being advertised as being "takeoffs" But there are a bunch.Frank

Well on those military barrels, I don't know about the rest of them, but this is what a old Steyr carbine did with old ammo & wait it gets even better, it was delayed ignition like shooting a Flintlock !

This was at 90yds or so, as that's where the tree stump I shot from was & the big tree I nailed the target on to.

But it gets even better, the crown on the barrel looks like this !!

Barrel is quite good on the inside, it wasn't until I shot a bunch of those hard 160gr FMJ rounds out of her & she cleaned up nicely, I was going to cut her up for a sportier, but I have a Gibbs now (and I use her bolt in him) & just got a WR Steyr in 375Ex 2 1/2, not in hand yet how ever .

Contact Us NitroExpress.com