Caprivi
(.375 member)
15/12/13 09:09 AM
Re: Fraser Steyr in U.K.

Today was the test drive.

What a difference a week or bit makes. Since that sunny 65degF day I picked it up at Mr Bertrams in Boulder. Arriving home it has snowed and blew heavily as well as dipped to -29degF. Yesterday was a bit of a break, and continues today.

I had formed some WW-Super .303brit cases prior to getting the rifle (pretty snug once it arrived) and loaded them with 34gr Varget (the normal go-to of ReLoder 15 is un-available right now) with the 160gr Hornady seated to the cann. with a cci-200 primer.

Took a trip to the prairie, the snow was thin, no wind and a warm sun. First few rounds where burned to get the feel of the rifle, rest of clip was used on a big granite slope. A aiming point of pyrite worked great. The next 2 landed on the sights, with my mis-handling the 3rd slipped a bit high.

The next clip went for a little walk and 5 rounds found 5 targets of opportunity, admitted none challenging, but hits all the same. LOP and drop fit me well. The trigger breaks very nice, the sights allow me to hit. All around it was a fine experience.

As I had made up 15rds of ammo I had another clip in a pocket so dug them out. Sitting in the Scoria, sun hot on my face, that clip in hand..........I decided to save them for later. It felt right to have enough and not to indulge. I got out the camera snapped a few.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com