NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
11/12/11 05:56 PM
Re: Steyr 6.5x53R - info on this wanted as well

So the 1911 on the action, what does that signify? That the action is a model 1911 or made in 1911 or ?

Also the barrel 1940, would that mean the barrel was probably made in 1940 and the rifle barrelled or re-barrelled approximately then?

Thanks Igorrock for that link. Looks pretty much the same.

Thanks Lancaster for the information.

GK, Thanks for the information and reply.

Lancaster and GK,

I read what you are saying regarding if this is in good condition a military rifle collector might like it in their collection.

I bought the rifle off used guns, and this one and a second one sat on their listings I believe for eighteen months. So collectors would have had ample chance to snap it up if they were interested. Also there was a second one there anyway still listed when I looked last.

Regarding matching numbers will have a look to see if it does.

Re good vs bad bores, as I want a shooter, I don't want a rifle with a poor bore. Better a rifle with a poor bore sits in a collectors gun safe than mine! I am not intending to re-barrel but want a 6.5x53R Steyr. Haven't checked out the bore properly yet. If the barrel is not up to it, it can become a collectors safe-queen.

However I only bought this rifle after I believed I missed out on the 6.5x54 previously displayed on a thread. So my intention was to try to do something with that one first. Neither are a high priority seeing what I have bought since. So they may come back on the market one day still in same condition.

I do like the look of this classic Steyr action however in a nice customised rifle. Good to get information on them and their origins.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com