DarylS
(.700 member)
17/08/11 08:24 AM
Re: another M 95 sporter

Quote:

interesting story, would like to see the brass or a loaded round if you find one.
I suspect the cartridge work in the original clip???
when my mannlicher will be ready someday - I am still waiting for the die set from ch4d to make a chamber reamber for this - it will be the maximum for the M 95 action in my opinion

350 grains softpoint at 2000 feet per sec is not bad

That's good speed with that weight, that's for sure. this one will do it as well, however a different bolt actioned rifle might be needed.

On the left is the 'new' .375x2"R w/300gr.Hornady with a 9.3x57 w/293gr.TUG on the right side. With the belt turned off the base is now .500" with the rim at .532". I used my .375 Styer seater die to seat the bullet. All the brass I found (about 100), was primed, but not loaded.
As to functioning in the mag. - I don't know - I didn't test them, although I had a 2 boxs of factory 8x56R with 4 clips - wonder why? Probably as usual when in load testing mode at the range, I single load. Broke the extractor before I got around to completing my tests- or going any further. It's unfortunate - good round. If I'd used the magazine, the extractor might not have broken -

Contact Us NitroExpress.com