9.3x57
(.450 member)
16/12/10 11:15 AM
Re: classic case of overkill...

Quote:

the M-Sch case shares the same base, but case taper is to a 11.57mm shoulder. So it is a much straighter, somewhat "improved" case.

Whole post; Sehr interessant.

Regarding the above, I'm not sure what that does to internal capacity but it must increase the 9.5 by a bit but regardless, 270/2300 is a good powerful load, and with my 9.3x62 easily running 2300 with 285 grain bullet from a 19 inch barrel with very low pressure, seems well within the capabilities of the 9.5 cartridge with its greater expansion ratio. For that matter, as Daryl indicated, likely within safe pressures, depending on powder, with the 9.3x57 also.

And a hearty Waidmannsheil.

kudae, how big is the Revier in which this hunt is taking place?

Curious also how many hectares you manage, and if it is a team of Försters that works that ground or if it is just you? Also, are you a Staat employee? Here, we have both state {Idaho Department of Lands} and private timber ground, and of course Federal US Forest Service {"Forest Circus"} ground. Upon the latter, effectively no commercial logging is taking place. It is a laughing stock, and hundreds of thousands of hectares, in fact, 40%+ or so of Idaho, sit idle, its timber effectively worthless, management having been stopped by environmentalists and their freak bedfellows in the government...

Out my front door you can walk 185 miles without running into a single human-built structure, 185 miles to the next town going east. That is big forest, and it of course keeps going, a patchwork of different owners; private, state and Federal.

As for loud. Loud? A 9.3x57 sounds like a popgun, a "Crack" is all that is heard, and likely the 9.5x57, too. The 9.3x62 in a carbine is barely loud enough to wake a sleeping Eichhörnchen.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com