darwinmauser
(.300 member)
30/04/10 09:12 AM
Re: carcano sporter

94 Euro, the triggers would be worth that on their own. With mine I will leave it as a 6.5x52 ,the difference between that and the 6.5x54 MS is next to nothing to look at, their performance is pretty much identical.The main reason not to change it is that I have a couple of hundred new cases for the Carcano ,I have used some to fire form to the MS chamber quite successfully although I'll probably never have to trim them ,they end up about a millimetre short.

When I bought the cut down Carcano ,I bought it to steal the barrel for my Greek MS ,I paid about $70.00 for it.When I took it to the range to test the barrel for accuracy it surprised me ,everything I had ever been told about the Carcano had been negative ,this rifle shot perfectly ,it was also a very nice rifle to shoot ,comfortable and not to much noise.To cut the story short I couldn't break it up,it was like the lost puppy that turns up at your door. So, now it's at the stock makers and the Greek is at the barrel makers everybody's happy except my bank account.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com