lancaster
(.470 member)
16/04/10 12:36 AM
Re: No Lee Speed!

it wasn't my intention to bash the lee speed, nice sporter btw. my original plan was buy one of this but fate make a change. and because I concentrate myself on obsolete medium bore rifles now will probable never again need a lee bolt action.

"While I have owned Mausers and an MS, I have never wished to have a Lee Enfield, either. But perhaps we should give it it's due. It may not be a front-locker able to withhold high pressures day after day but the Enfield was one of the most successful combat rifles. Its large capacity, fast recycling, handy safety and cock-on-closing bolt were probably more useful in battle than the flatter trajectories possible from the Continental designs. The .303 bullet was considered more likely to stop an adrenalin-stoked human than the Mannlicher's 6.5mm slug, too.

A morbid defence, yes, but that's what all of these rifle were designed for.

- Paul "

from the point of view of a .375 bore I would say that a 303 is also a small bore. I hear it allways that the lee enfield is the best military bolt action rifle. it served the british well to lost the biggest empire in two world wars. in the year of the lord 1913 the british army was trying to get 7mm mauser copy and after the war they had never again the money for a new bolt action.
and every independent nation who pay with good money for bolt actions rifle's buy a mauser.
thats a fact.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com