GG375
(.333 member)
04/11/09 06:37 PM
Re: Fun times with my new Anglo/Austrian girl.

Guys

Thanks for the compliments. I still can't believe my good luck at actually getting hold of such an excellent specimen. There are a lot of real clunkers getting about in OZ - I think all the really good examples are tucked away in big collections and you have to be in the know to get a crack at them. Thats why I looked in the UK.

No Adam I haven't used the open sights yet - my eyesight in the last 12 months or so has failed me terribly and open sights are just a blur. I've pretty much had to adjust the focus of all my scopes for wearing glasses - its a real pain!

Collath, the only marks on the scope are on the brass focussing plate and they are - ZUM SCHARFSTELLEN and D.R.G.M. Anything you can tell me about it would be much appreciated. As mentioned before it is quite clear and easily focussed. I think it is probably about a 2x magnification.

Prior to buying this rifle I bought a set of ERA claw mounts to mount a modern Kahles 2-7x on it but while this old setup still works I'm going to leave it alone - it will probably prove to be not so good if I ever move to a cooler climate because it's not N2 sealed. As 4seventy mentioned above, its pretty cool to be able to use her effectively as is.

Has anyone ever seen a safety like this? I'm assuming it was done in the UK at some point. Also notice the placement further down the barrel of the foresight - another pommy feature!

Cheers.

GG

ps 500 - sorry to say mate - you would have to be a brave man to eat the wild pork up in this neck of the woods. Also I love your "up shirt" movie clip!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com