FrankS
(.300 member)
09/10/08 05:06 PM
Re: Mannlicher Schoenauer question - out of my normal path

Greetings all. I have a greek 1903 carbine in 6.5x54mm the stock as been altered somewhat prior to be buying it. The through hole for the sling swivel has been plugged on both sides of the stock. I still have the swivel and the attaching nut that came with it. The cleaning hole re channel has been filled with walnut and glued in place. And I think that the band that goes around the upper and lower buttstock had the screw hole plugged at one time. I managed to open up this plugged hole so the origional screw could be used as it was intended. To hold the band in place. Stock was cleaned and lightly sanded but still looks good. About the on lt bad thing is that there is a chip missing from the bolt head. Plus the bore looks like the bottom of a coal mine. Have 4 boxes midway 160 grain round nosed ammunition with this rifle as well. Question is I don't have the money to properly restore it or convert it to a sporter. Suggestions and comments are welcome. And I just might have the origionall cleaning rod. Frank

Contact Us NitroExpress.com