Ash
(.400 member)
10/04/15 12:22 PM
I can't get it up!

How do i get the tang peep on a MS to come up? The little button looking thing on the right side of it wont budge. The pictures the seller sent had it up. What am i doing wrong??

Cheers!

2152hq
(.300 member)
10/04/15 12:48 PM
Re: I can't get it up!

Don't know if it's the problem,,but I had a rifle with one that you had to slightly depress the peep sight to allow the button to be moved (unlocked). Then the sight would rotate upwards into position under spring tension.
Perhaps it was made that way so recoil wouldn't unlock the thing and have it spring into action on it's own,,,or maybe the one I had just didn't work right in the first place. Worth a look and a try.

Ash
(.400 member)
10/04/15 12:49 PM

I'll give it a go right now and report back.

No luck, but was worth a try ay? Thanks for the suggestion.
Will figure it out when we strip the thing down for a big thorough clean and to put in a thicker recoil plate to try and stop the stock cracking.

Igorrock
(.400 member)
10/04/15 03:46 PM

Quote:

to put in a thicker recoil plate to try and stop the stock cracking.

I'm quite sure that new recoil pad do not help with yours problem. Or it depends where the cracks are...? One foto would help.

Igorrock
(.400 member)
10/04/15 03:52 PM

Quote:

The little button looking thing on the right side of it wont budge.

Have you tested this; first gently push tang peep down, let it down and same time push that small button. By the way, have you tried to push button to different directions ?

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
10/04/15 04:30 PM

Couldn't resist ...

But if you can't get it up, pushing on the little "button" won't help you at all, careful rubbing in with oil of your tang might !

Many apologies ...

casper50
(.400 member)
10/04/15 05:21 PM

mine pushes sideways not towards the front. Try that.

Ash
(.400 member)
15/04/15 08:02 PM

Thanks guys! I was trying to push it, but all it took was a little pull to the right and it sprang straight up and ready to go

Rockdoc
(.400 member)
16/04/15 12:58 PM

I sometimes use that method too since I am right handed

Contact Us NitroExpress.com