Tiagra
(.224 member)
25/11/11 02:17 PM
Manlicher-Schoenauer Refurbish

This m1903 M-S in 6.5x54 M-S was bought many years ago by a friends grandfather who hunted with it extensively. At some point it was handed to my friends father who also used it for many years. A couple of years ago, the father was busted by the RC MP for shooting crows in a non-shooting area. Apparently the crows were killing his chickens. It turned out that none of the father's rifles were registered nor did the father have a licence. However, the rifles were properly stored. The upshot to all this was the father got one year probation and the offending Cooey singe-shot .22 was destroyed. The other rifles were handed to my friend who has his licence.

A while back, he asked me to tale a look at the M-S to see if I could "clean it up a bit". He told me it was "pretty rough".

Here's a few pictures of "pretty rough".

After looking it over I agreed to refinish the stock and slow rust blue the metal. It was the metal that really had me worried. With all the crap growing on it I figured it would be badly pitted. Such was not the case. After a good cleaning it didn't look so bad.

Any way, here's a few pictures of the finished product.

I wasn't able to get some of the deeper gouges in the stock cleaned up but all in all it turned out pretty good.

Sarg
(.400 member)
25/11/11 03:23 PM
Re: Manlicher-Schoenauer Reburbish

Nice job on a great old rifle , but I have to say I liked her the way she was as well LoL !

Thank you for sharing !

tophet1
(.400 member)
25/11/11 03:39 PM

Superb job there. Well done. How does she shoot ?

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
25/11/11 03:59 PM

Well done.

Mike_Bailey
(.400 member)
25/11/11 07:51 PM

Great job, how does she shoot ? best

Tiagra
(.224 member)
26/11/11 04:15 AM

Quote:

Superb job there. Well done. How does she shoot ?

I didn' shoot the rifle. When I finished the job, I just handed it back to my friend. But the bore is in very good shape so there's no reason it can't be a good shooter.

CptCurlAdministrator
(.450 member)
27/11/11 04:35 AM
Re: Manlicher-Schoenauer Refurbish

Very nice work, and a worthy subject.

Curl

JDL
(.300 member)
30/11/11 02:57 AM
Re: Manlicher-Schoenauer Refurbish

Really fine work! Thanks for sharing.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com