Evan
(.224 member)
18/04/22 03:42 AM
Re: Lee Speed project

Thanks bluenoser!!

So there has been work done on my stock for this rifle, there was some major delays on my end of things getting him the parts he needs to make the stock. the stock makers is doing great work and I'm very happy with the communication. the pics were texted to me so they are low quality but the butt stock is roughed out on the copier and the forend in the pic is what he's going to use as a template. so it will be cut over size from that but should finish to near that nice short slender forend. the barrel is tiny so that forend should fit it very well. I'm also going to get a small piece of the same walnut that made the stock to have a knife handle with with it

i also got the butt plate I'm going to use for it and the barrel rib. the mag is finished and on its way to me (well it still needs its engraving done) with the barrel rib i have to shorten it about 2" so i will do that where the rear sight mounts, i plan to run a NCG 3 leaf express sight without the base mounted in the rib. i also have a 4 leaf Winchester sight that im thinking about. i wish the has a ladder sight on it as well though, but the barrel is very short and thin so it may look odd to have a 5" long rear sight, that may be better suited for a rifle with a 28" barrel.

the NCG 3 leaf is 2.25" long and the Winchester is 3" long

Contact Us NitroExpress.com