FrankS
(.300 member)
17/03/19 05:49 PM
Re: 37 rimmed in a #4 action

Daryl.planning to do this in stages. I have a #5 action that came off a jungle carbine. Was in pretty bad shape and pretty banged up. Took the barrel off and with some silicon carbide paper all down to bare metal. What I also need is a proper twist rate for bullets from 250 to 300 grains So if someone can figure out a twist for me I'd be greatfull. Barrel twist I'm guessing should be in 1x16 or 1x18 range. The blank I have in 375 is a 1x14 twist which I think may be too fast. If the #5 action isn't sturdy due to the lightening cuts I'll have to find either a #1mkIII or a #4MKII. I have a Parker hale long branch sporter with a two groove barrel. That one was $200. Sad thing about the tabs is I cannot take the chance bending them cold so I've a small mapp torch with a really small burner tip. Would love to hear from others who have any experiences with 375 cartridges and bending the tabs. I do than all who took the time to respond to my post. Your suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated. Hoping to hear more. Frank

Contact Us NitroExpress.com