KiernanNZ
(.224 member)
11/04/18 07:11 PM
Re: My BSA Lee Enfield Projects

Hello all

Been away for a while, but nothing much has been happening, so you haven't missed anything.
My gunsmith has gotten very interested in converting the rifle to 7x57R. He had his own .303 Magazine Lee Enfield project with a BSA service pattern target rifle action (much like my own).

However now that he's had a good look at the 7x57R round and had a play with it, he's going to build himself one in 7x57R. (Better selection of projectiles had a lot to do with it)

He shoots a 7mm competitively (.284 something or other) and so has access to cast off target barrels (which while... worn out for top end long range target shooting, will be more than adequate for a hunting rifle)
Because of this, I've managed to prise from his grasp a brand new Parker Hale 7x57 Mauser barrel which he's agreed to fit to my action, as sort of a trial project for his own.

He's currently got my router bits to build threaded follower tips and bore and tap the follower bar.
I've gone up a size from 10mm round bar to 12mm round bar, so I'm waiting for new clamps off aliexpress to build the last bits of the duplicator.
I can't leave it assembled at work too much (workshop is too small and we've gotten a bit busy) so I'll probably spend a weekend in it once I've got all the bits, get it finished. Then have a play...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com