Juglansregia
(.275 member)
15/01/18 09:48 AM
Re: Does anyone have pictures of an H&H in .375 Express?

Must have been 10-12 years ago when travelling in NZ with Geoff Slee, I purchased the butt, forend and a few sundry items including similar scope mounts from a very badly buggered H&H "Lee Speed".

What is most unusual about it is that the stock had a cheekpiece typical of some H&H double rifle stocks I have hanging here, but is otherwise of Lee Speed form. I reckon it's dead sexy. It is also the only LS stock I have seen with genuine flat top chequering, as opposed to worn or trade quality pointed chequering.

The stock also has a little deliberate cast-off, which I have never before seen on a Lee Speed except where the socket was not machined square, or the stock not fitted up square to the socket. Stock is inlet for the tang safety which luckily is still in position.

I'll never know if the butt was original to that poor rifle, but all things considered I reckon it probably was. It would be interesting to know if it was stocked at H&H, or from a machining supplied by BSA. Who knows.....(?).

Contact Us NitroExpress.com