BillG500
(.300 member)
18/03/17 08:58 PM
Sporterised SMLE .303/.25

Always been keen on the Lee Speeds etc because of their looks as they always seem to look the goods. A while ago I bought an 1898 MK 1 in .303 to Sporterise. Anyway the joker I bought it off didn't have the correct bolt when he sold it to me so that project has gone out the window for now as I can't find the right one. But I did pick up a SMLE IN .303/25 for next to nothing, so that was my next target. After playing with a sporter stock for a while I got off Gordon Cusens, I put it all together the other day for the first time. And talk about feeling absolutely perfect is an understatement.....it just feels right. Light as, points very well, comes to the shoulder like a good rifle should. Now it's not a Genuine Lee Speed sporter I know. But the stock is a direct copy of one and the rifle has the genetics. I will however put a scope on this one, an old Pecar, mainly because it is a .25 cal and is better suited to one. What is it about the way these rifles are built, or the way the British used to build rifles that we have lost in today's times. I have handled a quite a few old rifles and they just feel so different to what we get today.
I've always been on the lookout for a Lee Speed sporter but have always been either a day late or a dollar short, next time I won't be.
And it will remain open sighted too.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com