VonGruff
(.400 member)
31/07/14 02:14 PM
Re: BSA 1900 No 1 Sporter q's

I have been working on a second Lee Speed the last few days. Euan got in a 90% inlet and shaped stock for one he wanted to use as a rough hunting rifle and keep his genuine BSA Lee Speed for less strenuous affairs.

90% inlet is a bit of a misnomer as it still took about 15 hrs to get it all into the wood. but having Euans genuine article in hand was a good thing and a bad thing as he wanted both his rifles to "feel" the same in hand. Now I have to say that mine felt good and reasonable slim but after having Euans BSA to compare it to I had to take to the forestock and wrist area with a file and will have to refinish it again.

Yhis is the genuine BSA at top, the 20 in barrelled hunter centre and my effort at the bottom. One thing I had to do with Euans was to change the angle of the butt plate to an agnle which is more suited to his style of shooting. I am quite happy with the angle I have on mine as I am more inclined to stand upright where Euan leans into his shot. Only a few degrees but it does make a difference. I get flat butt against my shoulder with mine while I get more toe with his.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com