Sarg
(.400 member)
29/12/13 11:51 AM
Re: Lee Speed Barrel lenght, Cut to what ??

Thank you for the comments guys, looks like most people like the longer barrels !

By the way I was not asking what barrel lengths Lee Speeds have, as I know that very well.

Standard Lee Speed type rifles had heavy (MLE MLE porfile & knox form) 24.5in barrels, with the opinion of lengths up to 30 1/4in (maybe more on special order) which was the barrel length on MLM, MLE, Long Lee or Long Tom as we call them here .

Later BSA type sportier's had 25in SMLE profile barrels, with a 20.5in Bush Model, there are many different versions & barrels lengths on these also, as by the looks of it a person could order what they like up to a certain degree .

As you say Daryl, I could do as I like & I will on the ones I keep, I think, but I will sell some of these (need more money in the gun kitty) and it's better to have them as the people want them.

Also after finding & fixing up these orphans which have been abused by there owners or "Gunsmiths" and wishing they had not (wishing I had their names & address to) I don't want the next generation of owners to wish I had left the barrels long or some such thing .

Thank you all again for the input & opinions

Contact Us NitroExpress.com