Gunnie
(.224 member)
20/09/13 08:39 AM
Re: A new project on a Lee Speed action

Thanks for the heads up Old Brit. Figured it might have been but nice to confirm my thoughts.

Well my project is gaining momentum. Picked up a 28" .375 Pac-Nor Cro-Mo barrel blank yesterday for $400. Spoke to the gunsmith and he has the reamer and is able to do the job. He mentioned that there is an issue with the straight walled 375Flanged rounds feeding from the SMLE magazines. So I need to explore this problem further.

I've seen and been told by others that there is no problem, so that has me a tad perplexed at the moment. EIther these informants have, as in Old Brit's case, an original factory made LS rifle in this cartridge, or they have a rifle with a modified magazine.

Now I need to source the supplier in Tasmania who bought Geoff Slee's equipment so I can get my hands on some woodwork.

Can get Kynock factory 270gn SP rounds at $30 a box of 20. So that covers the cases and the first 100 shots. Next I need to source a set of reloading dies - anybody comment on what they're using for their 375 Flanged?

The sights have been selected and I'll place the order in the next day or so. Chequering kit is ordered, have some old stock wood at home to practise on.

Sometime over Xmas I'll be paying a visit to a fellow shooter up Kingaroy way to explore the mysteries of casting, reloading and shooting cast projectiles.

So the whole project is beginning to take on life and heading towards completion. Am enjoying the journey.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com