2152hq
(.300 member)
22/05/12 09:09 AM
Re: Army-Navy Coop Lee Speed Sporter

Here's the only 2 pics I still have, I'm no photographer (how obvious is that!) These taken in different lighting so the wood tone especially looks different in each.
No mag chain on it one yet, just the stud on the mag body itself.
I put a stud into the existing hole in the trigger plate and placed the 2 link 'chain' on it as I mentioned in the first post.Original (I thought) front sight. I never had the sling hooks for it.

IIRC the rear sight vernier slide was a bit loose when I had it. The magazine had a dent in the right side of the body down low but it didn't bother full mag capacity or feeding. I think you can see the shallow dent in at least one of my pics, and it still shows in the new For Sale listing pics.

I've lost the pics of the internal markings I had taken. I took them with the idea of posting the rifle for sale on the net. But then I sold it at the OGCA Show.
Just going from memory,,it had what I would call an 'assembly' number of 3 digits and was matching on the receiver, barrel and forearm wood. It may also be on the bolt handle along with a ser#.Seems like it was.... One # on the rear side of the handle, the other on the underside but I don't recall which is where.
I don't recall haveing taken the butt stock off so I can't recall a # on the head of it.

I never shot this one very much. Mostly at 50m and with a mix of commercial and some HXP military surplus ammo which is non-corrosive.
These guns seem to beat me up! but I do love them. IIRC it shot about 3" groups for me at that range.
I was going to try cast bullet loads w/light charges. Something I have settled on for most all my centerfire rifles but never got around to it.
I still have a 5shot version Lee Sporter that will get that tried out on her along with another in 350cal(358) that needs some work to bring it around yet.

Hope the info has been helpfull.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com