Nick_Adams
(.300 member)
21/05/12 06:26 AM
Re: Army-Navy Coop Lee Speed Sporter

Quote:

That particular rifle was owned by me.
I sold it at an OGCA (Ohio Gun Collectors Assn) show to a buyer/rep from Cabellas the summer before last.
The wood has been refreshed/refinished. Checkering recut.
Perhaps some of the blue 'enhanced' but that's harder to tell from the pics. It was quite worn when I sold it but a sound rifle.
Metford cocking piece, orig 10shot mag w/engraved border matching the receiver engraving.
Co-Op number on the guard and A/N Co-Op on the dust cover.

I recognize the home made 2 link chain & stud on the mag/trigger guard. It's one I placed on it just before I put it up for sale. More of a safe guard to keep the mag from disappearing from the rifle during a gun show that an attempt to deceive. Though the originals did have such a small link in place usually.

The bore was VG as I recall, though worn in the throat I think.
IIRC the Headspace with commercial 303 gauge was at the end of the No-Go range or just past it. I'd have them check it before purchase to be sure.
Though it can be simply overcome by reloading practices, it's a good buyers chip to play if in fact it is on the lengthy side.

I think I have a pic though rather poor quality of the rifle yet on my computer. It won't show much but if I can locate it, I'll post it.
I may have some pics of the internal pieces too as I took some to show the matching numbers and assembly numbers.

They're working a rather small margin for a Cabellas gun,,,with what they paid for it plus any work put into it and their asking price.

Yes, your description matches my observations. Thanks for that additional info!

I was looking to shoot it, as well as to "collect" it. I have other Brit rifles and two Webley pistols.

How does/did this one shoot? Accuracy-wise, would reloading cast bullets be preferable to jacketed? Or would it shoot decently w/ either.

Yes, any additional pics would be appreciated.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com