old_LEESPEED
(.224 member)
19/12/10 12:43 PM
Re: Help with early Lee Speed Patent.

Quote:

"The receipt from Capitol Motors GM in Vernon BC dated Jan 9th 1955." The receipt appears unrelated to the rifle, except that it was found in the butt trap. There are 4 items on line one and 1 item on line two. Can you make out what the items are? I'm asking partly because your caption makes it look like it might be the original receipt for the sale of the gun. It also might give a clue to something grand dad might have been up to shortly before he put it in storage. How's the bore look?

Hi, Unfortunatley it's not the receipt for the gun, although I wont rule that out from being "somewhere", sorry if it sounded like I was trying to imply that it was such. I dont think GM ever sold guns though and you dont think they sod them either. The reciept is for brackets. 4 at $3.00 and one at $2.50. $14.50 and $.73 for what looks like tax. It was "Charged" and signed by the Purchaser John Lauriner upside down, the way it would be facing you at the parts counter. No one here knows this bloke, so it was probably someone who was having work done by grandpa, as he did mechanic work back in the time of this reciept.

The bore looks brand new, nice rifling grooves very pronounced right up to the action. I'll have it headspaced and checked/reported on up the road and before I fire it.

Im loving this. Thanks for chipping in.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com