old_LEESPEED
(.224 member)
19/12/10 09:17 AM
Re: Help with early Lee Speed Patent.

Quote:

Welcome to the forum!
In picture #5 which shows the rear sight, directly under the sight are the words "Nitro Proved" followed by crossed sword proofmarks. These look like an X, which appears to have tiny letters stamped around it. There is another similar mark just after the first one, and another again on the action.
Can you make out what the letters are and also tell us in what position the letters are, in relation to the X, ie to the left, right, above or below the X?
Thanks

That sir is an excellent question. I was not aware there were letters around them x's.

When I look at these little proof marks with my naked eye, I feel as though my head may explode. I went and rifled though my wifes "sewing room" looking for the magnifying glass, of course I couldnt locate them. If I cant locate them I may have to wait for her. LOL!!!!

I think that a macro photo of this in hi res then cleaned up and paired out to just show the proof marks may be a good idea. Again I have to wait on her as she has the camera, bloody hockey players.

Added to things to do, so I'll add more regarding this as it comes in.

Thanks "-)

Contact Us NitroExpress.com