FrankS
(.300 member)
08/10/08 07:29 PM
375/303

Greetings all. Just registered last night. Wonderful site. Have a couple questions. I was given a #4MKI receiver, bolt and a few other things some years back. Have been fascinated by the 375 bore. What I would like to do is have a 25" 375 bbl turned down and chambered for the 375/303 cartridge. Will not probably be using 375 jacketed bullets. I cast and load for a few rifles and pistols. The blown out 303 case will be using lyman's 375 (38-55) gas check bullet to start. I have two options when it comes to cases. Either use a neck expander or fireform to get what is almost a straight slightly tapered case for loading 375 cast bullets. Another option would be to get hornady 405 winchester brass, trim and then neck down. The bbl will have a 1x12" twist. Another question I have is it ok to remove the charger bridge from the receiver?. I've been looking at some of the various lee speeds (sure wish a good one in 375 2 1/2 would show up in my neck of the swamp) but probably couldn't afford it. One of the photos did show a removed charger bridge and it really changed the way the rifle looked. Was trying to get a bubba'd #1MK111 but they seem kinda thin on the ground here in louisiana.
And finally, would a Greener GP police martini actioned rifle be safe in this caliber?, or should I forget the martini. This is going to be my first rifle build and am trying to get as much info as I possibly can. And the last question, in one article it was said that the 375 2 1/2 would not work through a smelly but would be ok for the lee speed. As you can obviously see I've a lotta questions to be answered. So I'll welcome any and all comments, suggestions that any of you care to send my way.
Regards,Frank

Contact Us NitroExpress.com