Wes350
(.224 member)
02/05/10 08:34 AM
Lee speed rifle at tower of london

Here are some photos I took a while back while on a trip to London.

It is from a display in the royal fusiliers museum in the Tower of London. I believe that the rifle was used as a sniping rifle during WWI.

To be honest I wish I had paid more attention to the display. I just took the pics because I thought that the rifle was really cool. If I had remembered about the Lee speed forum here, I would have tried for better angles and clearer pics of the rifle.

Anyway I hope you all like the pics. And yes, the knobkerrie is also really cool...

Sarg
(.400 member)
02/05/10 03:40 PM
Re: Lee speed rifle at tower of london

Thank you , looks like good work to me , even if you were not trying !

I think it might be a LSA ?

Just been out & shot a couple of goats for my dog with my LSA , Lee Speed to .

Cheers !

rigbymauser
(.400 member)
02/05/10 03:41 PM

Thanks for sharing Wes..

I see I too have a planned destination, when in London next time.

If interested in WW1 get the book called "sniping in french" by Hesketh-Pritchard. The best book imo regarding sniping in WW1. I have "A rifleman went to war" by Herbert McBride, but I feel the the first metioned book is better.

J

kuduae
(.400 member)
02/05/10 10:38 PM

Just in case someone asks:
The scope and mount are JEFFERY'S TELESCOPIC RIFLE SIGHTS, 1900 patent. The cuts are from Jeffery's 1910-11 catalog. They show this arrangement on a M1900 Mannlicher-Schoenauer, evidenced not only by the round bolt knob, but also by the cartridge-release button set on the side of the receiver, between siderail and wood.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com