EricD
(.416 member)
13/10/06 06:32 PM
Re: Handicapped hunting!

Adam,

The rut is over. I take it that it lasts longer into the year over on your side of the pond? I have previously tried to do a bit of calling, although I haven't gotten lucky with that so far (I probably don't sound quite right when doing it). but I have used a contact sound to stop moose that are running past me, and that has worked.

Daryl,

She definately knew that the dog was following her, so even though she wasn't 100% spooked, she undoubtably had a bit of adrenalin flowing. Our moose aren't "hard" either, but then I've also seen many moose that are pumped up with adrenalin that have gone 100-150 meter with a gapping hole in their heart, and ripped up lungs! But then some drop down after a couple of steps. Of the 40+ moose I've shot, I personally have never had one go further than about 50 or so meters that I can recall. And have found that they generally go shorter with a .375 then with a .30 calibre thru them.

Chasseur,

I'm sorry to hear that your date sucked back then. I hope they have improved since.

Johan,

I probably would try to go hunting with one leg. Although I hope this injury doens't come to that. I must admit though that I am inside typing this because the pain is too bad to go out with the others today even for a few hours. This is typical after being abused by the physiotherapist the day before. Hopefully tommorow will be better, and I'll get out a bit.

Erik

Contact Us NitroExpress.com