NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
18/07/24 08:10 PM
Re: Brown bear reinstated in Romania, Great News

On the hunting side, 500 bear hunting permits will allow many hunters to experience a European Brown bear hunt.

Numbers in the wild are estinated by the anti hunters at 2,000. Pro hunters, 4,000 to 8,000. Some believing even 10,000.

There have been lots of humans killed by bears in Romania in the last two years. Unlike the USA and Canada, hikers in the forests and mountains can not go armed. I know I had some nerves when hiking on lonely quiet forest tracks on the mountain above Brasov. Even though some sixty to ninety years had been captured from there and moved well away to another forest, I mentioned it above. It was claimed all the bears had been relocated. Were any bears missed? Low probability of an attack. The mountain forest above Brasov finishes right against the walls of the old city. Those bears used to regularly enter the old city and wander around. I'm sure many attacks happened. Leading to their relocation.

TripAdvisor image show the bottom of the mountain forest and wall of the old city:

Open this large image to show the beautiful old city and the mountain behind.
https://www.romaniatourism.com/images/brasov/brasov-romania.jpg

Contact Us NitroExpress.com