NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
05/07/21 08:08 PM
Hunting & cooking show in Denmark on Sika deer Nak & Æd

Danish Hunting and cooking show " Nak & Æd " in Denmark for Sika Deer

An hour long TV programme on hunting and cooking. This episode is in Denmark, looks to be North of Klampenberg North of Copenhagen, and hunting sika deer. First setting up camp, and other stuff then the hunt, finslly butchering, cooking and eating. 58 minutes.

Features Crown price Frederick who shows up three times. Down to Earth guy, joins in, setting up the camp, hunting and cooking and eating.

Reportedly the show has episodes travelling around the world targeting different species, to hunt, cook and eat.

Good to see shows featuring hunting and cooking and eating wild game. A positive way to influence undecided people neither pro nor anti hunting. Might even influence some anti hunters if they like meat, fish or mushrooms!

https://www.dr.dk/drtv/se/nak-and-aed_-en-sika-i-gribskov_257008

Warning it does meander and waffle along, especially if you don't understand Danish.

Comments on fb by Leif Brag on a about the series and spisode. Leif, are you here on NE/ If not, why not?!

Quote:

My home country, Denmark, might often seem a bit controversial in the eyes of the UK media.
However their down to earth approach and openness about where our food comes from makes me proud.
We have all heard of forest schools where kids learn from practical experience.
However, not many outside Denmark will know about Nak & Æd (Neck & Eat).
Nak & Æd is a TV series that is now into its 12th season.
The series is about a hunter and a cook travelling around Denmark and the rest of the world in pursuit of specific animals or fish.
They always hunt or fish with a local guide or host, who will be a big part of the programme, as he will explain about the methods being used in the pursuit of the quarry.
If they get the target species then the cook will cook it over an open fire (They are always camping) with the help of the hunter. The host or guide will then be invited for a meal.
Downside is that if they don’t get their target species then they will cook up and serve something you wouldn’t think of eating.
The last programme literally crowned them all as they had been invited by the Danish Crown Prince Frederik to try for a Sika stag.
To see how relaxed the future King was and how he got stuck in with digging holes for some useless poles, the gralloching of the stag and the cooking was amazing.
No wonder the Danish people are classed as the happiest people in the world.
I so wish that Nak & Æd would be subtitled, so that it could be watched around the world. It really is very educational in its own specific way.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com