NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
18/05/21 05:36 PM
Re: european vintage pics

Quote:

east prussia before the war had an excellent elch stock. the sharpe selecting produced probably more good bulls that the other countrys around had then.

No doubt if the Elch herd was managed for trophy quality. As pretty much all of Norway, Sweden and Finland are meat hunter lands, a trophy is more of a chance than planning.

Having said that, when hunting wtth ErikD the second time, I did see and have an opportunity at a very good trophy bull moose. Had to count its tines, and then recount, it took a step or two and disappeared. Now I would just shoot it instantly and forget about counting its tines. Uwe, a young hunter may have shot the same bull moose the next year, and it was his first moose I believe. Magnificent trophy, the best in the region for a long time I believe. Good for him, well done. Damn I should have shot it the year before. Christian would have hated me, he had to let it walk past him, as in Norwegian the hunters had all been told to stop shooting. Not understanding Norwegian I was under no such restrictions ... Damnation !!!!

Sville/Staffan on these forums, busy nowadays not shooting or hunting much, and instead long distance skiing and stuff, had a good number of excellent moose trophies in his house. Not from his home area but from an area he had lived in the past. I want to hunt there!

BUT as these areas are all meat hunter areas, a trophy is not very common.

My one and only moose was a bull with a tine and a tine and a half! But good meat.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com