Ripp
(.577 member)
20/10/20 05:30 AM
Re: Charging moose drops at hunters feet...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

With the dog chasing it - confused animal.
When I saw/heard the dog, I thought, must be Scandinavia. Not allowed here.

They can be used for tracking wounded animals, not for corralling/chasing them to the hunter.

NOT allowed here either.. can't even chase bears in Montana using dogs.. or bait for that matter.. entirely spot and stalk..

Wow. I didn't know that. I figured you guys could use dogs on bear.

We can use bait and use dogs to hunt bear & lion but not deer, elk or moose, but we can use them for tracking wounded big game here.

Here's my Lab on a cow elk just the other day. It was shot in high huckleberry brush. Hunter called he shot good and looked for over an hour but found no blood and tracks were all over the place by a large herd going all directions. My dog walked straight to it like she'd been there a hundred times. Only went 70 yards or so, too, but switched directions. Hunter said he had been w/in 30 yards of it but didn't see it! I'm convinced a ton of game is lost in thick timber and brush that is hit hard and well that goes down within a couple hundred yards or so that folks look for but without a dog just can't find.

Anyway, really interesting video.

Used one of my wirehairs back a few years ago to find a bow shot elk.. was a long haul.. over mile..but we found him.. to my knowledge a dog can be used to retrieve ..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com