lancaster
(.470 member)
18/10/20 07:19 AM
Re: Pics of the day - Hunting in Europe

was in austria last week and a chamois hunt was part of this

pics showing my hunting guide, coming from the lowlands you are nothing without him on 2000 meter above sea level

common joke when you pass this derelict barn the first time " here is our hunter's cabin"

weather in mid october there could be anything from snow and frost to heat at lunchtime

you see how first avalanches after the first snow of the winter clear the snow from the alp again so the chamois were standing there finding fodder instead of coming down to the treeline where we were waiting.
first day it don't look very good for me and I was seeing myself coming down without a bag.

this old doe was the first one we spooted in range of the 243 winchester. I shoot at 320 meter in the evening and she give strong signals of being hit before disappear behind the next rook. because of the coming darkness we agree that I was going back to the hunting cabin and take the baggage while the guide climbing up to get the game. he found it siting 20 meter from the point I was hit it, still alive but not able to stand up anymore. he deliver it with a shoot in the "Wundbett" the sore-bed.
we than reach the ground in the beginning of the darkness

Contact Us NitroExpress.com